Saturday, September 27, 2008

Christopher Cross's Biggest (and littlest) Fan

Paul used to work in a grocery store back in the day, so he is way too familiar with all of the soft hits that were played over the speakers. He put Christopher Cross's song "Sailing" on a CD that we were listening to while we drove all those miles across the country to move out here.

At some point, Paul began to notice that if Darren was crying, he would calm down if we played this song. I didn't believe him at first, but after trying it myself dozens of times, I can't deny it now, although it is so random. So after hours and hours of driving, if Darren started to cry we would put this song on every time. It was nothing short of miraculous the way the song would calm him down and help him go to sleep. No other songs work for him like this one.
We must have listened to it hundreds of times. Yes, I know all the words.

I had forgotten all about this until yesterday when Darren started getting fussy while we were driving home from the store on a crazy, rainy day. Sure enough, I put this song on, and he stopped crying within 5 seconds. Crazy, isn't it? Looks like he's going to be a 'continuous, soft hits' fan like his daddy.

3 comments:

Kira said...

good for him, I like that song too! It is funny though ... I wish we had something like that.

Morris Family said...

That is so funny!!! I think Jake is past the point of any hope!! Post more pics when you get a chance!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

So awesome! I love it!