Wednesday, July 2, 2008

HLS or SLS?

I like plans. I don't like changing plans on the fly. I tend to be inflexible, I admit freely.

So here's the deal - Stanford law school decided to admit Paul right now. Now, as in when all of our stuff is already in a warehouse outside of Boston waiting to be moved in. And we have already started paying rent for our Cambridge apartment. But Stanford has been Paul's favorite school (or it was at one point), and Palo Alto is such an awesome location...no snow! and both schools are arguably about equal in terms of prestige in the legal world. Stanford also gave Paul the same financial aid as Harvard did. Palo Alto would be easier for Darren - more grassy play areas, and able to play outside all year long, plus way easier to visit our families in Utah. I fell in love with out Harvard apartment setup - adorable brick townhouse - and geared myself all up to face the winter - I was kind of excited for it actually. So what should we do??

Stay tuned. We are flying out for a last-minute visit to Stanford to check it out. Feel free to weigh in if you have two cents to share. :)

5 comments:

Melody said...

I have no valid advice, but want to wish you luck at any rate. That's a tough call, but I'm sure you'll find the right way to go! Good luck!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I plan to free-load off your accommodations either way if/when I visit the area(s). And speaking of free-loading accommodations - my Utah trip is only two weeks away. I've got some stories for you...

Anyway, cograts to Paul on Stanford. It must be nice to have law schools falling over themselves to admit you!

supersonicjan said...

Go to stanford. Then I can stay with you when I do my away. Mwahahaha. Plus, steve young is in the ward. hot.

Tami said...

Hey Corinne, it's Tami from the 4th ward. I stumbled upon your blog through Kristi's (hope you don't mind). Your baby is so adorable!!! Good luck with the law school decision--sounds like you have 2 really great options. You can keep up with us at tamisfamily.blogspot.com.

Heidi said...

I was just about to email you when I decided to visit your blog. Wow, what a choice. I'd say go to Stanford in the hopes Trent gets Paul's spot at Harvard, but then I'd lose the one friend I'd have in Cambridge if we get in...total bummer. All I can say is good luck, pray a lot, and if you decide on Stanford tell Harvard to admit Trent :-). Well, maybe that's a little much, but it sure would be nice. We'd take over your apartment and everything.

On another note, I am also quite inflexible so...good luck not going crazy and CONGRATULATIONS! Stanford is an impressive choice to have.